What the hell is a blog? Do they come from Black Lagoons? Maybe not, but I'm sure somewhere down the line they will destroy us all...
It appears everyone's doing it (in fact for years now), so I guess I better start catching up. This is my first official "blog" and for the life of me I don't know why anyone would waste there time reading what I have to say... especially when they know all they have to is wait for a phone call from and they can be treated to an hour long personal dissertation. To tell you the truth I came across the blog option while updating my website and figured if my web company was gonna give it to me for free "what the hell"... so here we are.
I have been updating my website to try to get myself back into the swing of booking gigs... if you are visiting this site you must know that since I've moved to Ulster County I have been gigging less and less, the main reason for it is that I'm lazy... you wouldn't know it if you lived in Ellenville and saw me constantly working on my house, but anyone who's known me for longer than 4 years must have seen a glimmer of my laziness. Anyway, I can make all the excuses that I want, but the simple truth is that I haven't had to knock on doors or push a press kit under a club owner nose for years because I was relatively well known in my little Westchester circle. Unfortunately, as much as I LOVE my new home in this little mountain village, now that I am "across the river" I'm pretty much unknown... and out of practice (and uncomfortable) when it comes to self promotion... but it's a new world, a new (lousy) economy, I need money, AND I'm good at what I do on stage... and unlike a traditional job (I got one of those too) as my own boss I appreciate the good work my employee (me) does and I am in control of how much I work and how well I get compensated. Since I have no one to point a finger at when things aren't going well except myself, it's time to get to work!
Peace, Bryan
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Nice start to your blogging journey - I look forward to many more - literary dissertations.
ReplyDeleteK
Thanks Katherine! (but don't count on anything too "deep" from me)
ReplyDelete